Monday 18 June 2012

Lush, Light Pink Colour Supplement - Review.

Light Pink Colour Supplement: £7.95 Lush


For my birthday a month ago one of my friends bought me an amazing bundle of lush goodies. Between packing and unpacking from moving, I totally forgot about the couple of make up bits in the bundle! 
I've been using this colour supplement for just over a week now and I have to say it's my new favourite part of my makeup routine. The product comes in 5 different shades each suitable for different skin tones - Dark Yellow, Light Yellow, Dark Pink, Light Pink and Jackie Oats which is for paler complexions, and they are available in stores or online here.





On the lush website it recommends using the product mixed with moisturiser, to create your own tinted moisturiser. Although I've read a few reviews that have mentioned that this approach did cause them to break out. I've been using this product as a simple concealer and I've found it to work wonders! 
On first glance the product does seem quite pricey for something so teeny, but a little really does go a long way. I haven't even used any product from the actual jar so far and have been using the product stuck to the lid. For application I've been using my RT detailer brush, it picks up only a tiny amount of product at a time which means that nothing gets wasted. I usually paint some under my eyes, over any blotches or patches of red and over any spots. 
When I first applied the product it went on slightly watery and didn't seem like it would blend well at all, cue the RT buffing brush. Using this brush buffs all the product into the skin flawlessly and leaves a perfect, even base for foundation.

I really don't think this colour supplement is suitable as a day to day foundation as the consistency is quite heavy, but as concealer it gets 10/10. I've always been a fan of the simple Lush packaging and I love the little jar as you can see how much product you actually have left and it can also be washed out and reused - though I doubt this pot is going to run out anytime soon! The product also has a pleasant smell, which isn't that noticeable when the product is sitting in the pot, but when applying you find yourself noticing it.

I'm fairly pale and the 'Light Pink' shade seems to suit my skin tone perfectly (apparently it's Lush's best selling shade of this product), but I would be interested in trying out 'Jackie Oats' and comparing the difference! 

Has anyone else tried these colour supplements? Do you love this product as much as I do? What was your verdict?

Katt xo    

2 comments:

  1. I'm just about to buy this on the LUSH website, this really helped me decide whether to buy it or not, and I'm going to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help :) It really is a great product, let me know how you get on :) xo

      Delete